Bee Day, Tell Them’s annual lobby day at the SC State House, is just around the corner--Wednesday, March 26!
Throughout the month of March we will up our ante, asking more people to show their support for comprehensive sex education reform in South Carolina public schools.
Here are the different ways you can join the fun and make a difference:
• Write a letter to your representative stressing the important of comprehensive sex ed reform that we can deliver on Bee Day. Click here for tips on how to write a letter, and here for information on the current amendment to the sex ed bill in the House Education and Public Works committee, and here to email the letter to us so we can deliver it for you!
• Make a phone call asking your legislators to take action in reforming sex ed in our public schools. Click here to search of your representative’s phone number and here to drop us a link and let us know how it went!
• Take part in our super fun photo petition! Print it off, sign it, take a photo with it, and upload it! Don’t forget to tag us at @tellthemsc and use the hashtag #BeeDay2014 so we can find your photos. Find the petition here.
• Have Twitter or Facebook? Sign up for our Twibbon campaign, by changing your profile picture to support #BeeDay2014. If you want more info and a step-by-step, go here.
• Send your legislator an email asking him/her to support comprehensive sex ed reform in South Carolina schools. Tell them why it matters. Stay tuned - we'll be sending out email opportunities soon!
• Join our Thunderclap! Once 100 supporters sign up, Thunderclap allows the same message to be shared at the same time through Twitter. Sign up here!
All of these actions can be made throughout March, leading up to the big day.
Tell Them Ambassadors will be going in person to ask our legislators to support sex ed reform, and using YOUR letters, petitions and phone calls to prove that South Carolinians DO want comprehensive sex ed in their schools.
Join the excitement in advancing comprehensive sex education reform.