Tell Them’s goal is to improve and protect access to reproductive health services and counseling through policy improvement. Protecting South Carolinians’ rights to reproductive healthcare includes:
- Protecting an individual’s access to privacy, particularly, protecting the confidential patient/healthcare provider relationship.
- Protecting an individual’s access to reliable reproductive and sexual health services by ensuring continued funding to staff and operate statewide DHEC health clinics.
- Protecting an individual’s access to affordable reproductive health care by ensuring that birth control is considered a preventive service and fully covered by insurance.
- Protecting an individual’s access to unbiased, uncensored information by ensuring information is medically accurate and doesn’t delay clinic services.
- HIV and STI rates are rising among youth.
- For many, family planning services — counseling, sex education, contraception, cervical and breast cancer screenings, and HIV and STI testing — are more than preventive. In many cases, these services are the primary or only health care.
- Accessible reproductive health services reduce the rate of unintended pregnancies in South Carolina
- Responsible reproductive health policies can lessen taxpayers’ burden
- Access to contraception and sexual health education reduces the spread of HIV and STIs