Posted by Ryan Morgan on January 06, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Tell Them‘s January social media campaign asks organizations, programs, and businesses in South Carolina, “What are you doing in 2014 to encourage healthier youth in SC?”
By: South Carolina Coalition for Healthy Families
The South Carolina Coalition for Healthy Families
is a network of organizations and individual experts that advocate, educate, and collaborate in support of comprehensive sexual and reproductive health policies in the state of South Carolina. This year - 2014 - is the second year of the 120th legislative session in South Carolina and the Coalition will be actively working to ensure that policies focused on promoting health are passed. We envision a state in which every South Carolinian has equal access to affordable, high quality healthcare; medically accurate, age-appropriate health information; privacy in matters of personal health; the ability to define and determine their own families; and the freedom to make informed, responsible life decisions.
In order to achieve a healthy future for all South Carolinians, we advocate for policies that support the following:
- • Providing those without insurance or with limited insurance coverage with access to sexual and reproductive health services.
- • Increasing access to sexual and reproductive health services, especially in rural communities.
- • Guaranteeing the availability of comprehensive emergency care for sexual assault victims.
- • Providing reliable, age-appropriate, culturally- and linguistically-appropriate, comprehensive sexual and reproductive health education in schools and communities.
- • Ensuring that patients receive unbiased, medically accurate, culturally- and linguistically-appropriate, factual sexual and reproductive health information.
- • Protecting individual access to sexual and reproductive health services and to do so safely.
- • Maintaining a private, confidential, and safe patient-provider relationship.
- • Affirming all families and supporting all family structures.
- • Supporting people when and if they decide to become parents.
- • Empowering South Carolinians to make informed sexual and reproductive health decisions across the life span.
- • Fostering positive sexual and reproductive health policies that improve opportunities for South Carolinians social and economic wellbeing.
to visit the South Carolina Coalition for Healthy Families website for more information on their work.